Last Update: 13 June 2017
I’m in Fanling, Hong Kong. Since I got back here on 14/3, I’ve met several new people via Meetup and my close friends. I’m struggling which career I should pursue in my next 10 years or so (writer, podcast host, or English teacher).
Along with my daily routine, to think and possibly give me a taste of these three careers, these are what I spend my time doing:
- Meet new friends via Meetup
- Meet my old friends
- Learn Spanish
- Learn how to hold a business
- Read Entrepreneurship for Dummies
- Learn Excel
- or other software
- Keep track on my tasks in Habitica
- Job Hunt for writing-related entry-level jobs, internships, competitions
- Maintain this blog, tylerhhwong
- Produce my first-ever radio drama (Fame X Friends) and post it
- Finalise the schedule of the podcast and the direction
- Research topics
- RedMr MV competition
- Writing lyrics
These are my main priorities right now.
I am CURRENTLY open to considering new opportunities, as I highly value novelty, spontaneity, and growth. However, I aspire to stick to my priorities 90% of the time. As a result, I will say no to the majority of requests that come my way now.
If my activities or priorities happen to change, I’ll update this page to reflect those changes. Next review is scheduled on 8 July 2017.
- Borrow and read books about writing, language acquisition
- Write my short story, rethink why I got stuck in writing other people’s story, while I could produce quality prose in DSE
- Practise Dvorak on typing.com or other websites
- Practise for IELTS (8.5/9)
- Tutor students
- Sell books via Sparktake
- Read novel, New American Stories
Clearing up my foggy mind ( ?? – 2017/06/13)
At first glance, I mostly want to be an English writer because I created lots of tasks about it.
On the other hand, being a podcast host can also let me use English also because I can write blog posts to promotes my channel. And it will broaden my horizons in researching topics. It matches my personality of liking to talk as well.
Perhaps, I still want to be an English teacher. The prerequisite of a teacher is only too high that I could do much about it.
Anyhow, I shall grasp the chance of getting the English Language/ Education degree, (1) to practice my English, and (2) to contemplate what my next 10 years should be, and (3) to open up more opportunities.